“Slack notification command” is a feature that allow you to send automated notifications to a specific channel or person in Slack using Rtila automation through the webhook URL of your slack application or channel .
Add & configure Slack notification Command #
You can use the “Slack notification” command by adding it from the action tap of new command interface , once added there are some fields that need to be edited to be able to send slack notification.
- Edit the name of the slack notification command
- Enter your webhook URL (if you don’t know how to get it , read the next block )
- Write the text or message you want to send using the slack notification
How to get the webhook URL #
Here’s how you can get Slack webhooks URL
1- Create a new webhook URL for your Slack workspace: #
- Go to https://api.slack.com/apps , and sign in to your Slack account
- Create a new app or select an existing one
- Go to the “Incoming Webhooks” section and activate it
- Click on “Add New Webhook to Workspace” and select the channel you want to post messages to
- Copy the generated webhook URL
Here are the steps to do it :
2 – Past the webhook URL in the second field as shown above #
Slack notification Command In Action #
Below is a screenshot that shows how the “Slack notification ” command shows in your desktop.